2017 SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP
Newport Harbor High School PTA is an active volunteer organization dedicated to the encouragement of academic success and volunteerism. The PTA raises funds for school programs and scholarships through its annual membership drive and fundraisers such as the Holiday Boutique and the Harbor Heritage Run. This year, PTA will award a total of $5,000 to graduating seniors.
The scholarship will take into consideration
- Scholastic achievement
- Community involvement (volunteer work, scouts, church, etc.)
- Initiative and activities at NHHS
- Extracurricular activities (club sports, hobbies, home responsibilities)
- Work Experience (place/length of employment, job description, hours/week)
- Quality and completeness of application materials.
- Five scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded to assist with tuition, housing, books, medical insurance and/or lab fees.
- Have completed a minimum of 40 hours of Community Service from 9th grade to first semester of 12th grade.
- Have a minimum non-weighted 3.0 GPA from 9th grade to the first semester of 12th grade.
- Be a current member of the NHHS PTA
- Have made application and plan to attend an accredited four-year or two-year college, trade or technical school
- Submit a completed NHHS PTA Sr. Scholarship Application by the deadline.
- Be interviewed individually by the NHHS PTA Scholarship Committee
- Award winners must provide valid proof of enrollment at an accredited college, university, trade or technical school by June 1, 2017.
Mandatory Application Materials
- A completed application form
- Copy of your PTA Membership Card (or attach completed membership application & fee)
- Copy of your current high school transcript
- A brief statement about what this scholarship would mean to you.
- Application Deadline: April 7, 2017
Please complete the entire application and submit with all required documentation to the NHHS Counseling Office by the deadline in order to be considered for the scholarship. Late submissions will not be accepted.
All applicants are notified of their status in May. Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition at the NHHS Sr. Awards Ceremony in June.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PRINT A COPY OF THE SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM