Scholastic Aptitude Test
SAT Subject Tests
The Scholastic Aptitude Test is used as one eligibility requirement for college admission. It is accepted by a majority of colleges and universities including all California public universities (as of date of publication, the University of California system is evaluating the use of the SAT as an admissions tool). The SAT consists of two areas of educational development: math and verbal.
Subject Tests are subject area admissions tests required by the more competitive colleges and universities, including the University of California as well as many private colleges and universities. Some subject areas include: physics, chemistry, Spanish and French.
Register online at www.collegeboard.com
Information about SAT dates and fees
Newport Harbor High School Code for SAT / ACT / Subject Tests is 052-130
Sending SAT Scores
In addition to the score reports you chose to send to four colleges when you registered for the SAT, you can send scores to additional colleges and scholarship programs for $6.50 each by visiting SAT Status! You must have a username and password to use this feature on www.collegeboard.com.
- Only score reports from completed and scored tests will be sent. You can only send scores that appear next to test dates on your SAT Status page. Scores from future tests for which you have registered, but have not yet completed, will not be included.
- Scores are mailed approximately three weeks after you submit your request.
- All available scores will be sent, including those from previous test administrations. You cannot send only your latest or highest SAT scores, or separate scores for verbal or math.
- Rush reporting is available for an additional $23. Rush scores are sent two business days after your request is received.
- Remember, most colleges and universities require official score reports sent from the College Board.