The primary goal of Newport Harbor High School is to involve faculty, students, parents, and the community in a continuing effort to develop skills and attitudes needed to act responsibly in a constantly changing world. Such skills and attitudes shall include but not be limited to: enabling students to develop critical thinking skills, foster a lifelong interest in learning, and developing the ideals of integrity, honesty, and social consciousness. The school community will encourage and assist each student to develop to his/her greatest emotional, social, physical, and intellectual capabilities. The Newport Harbor High School faculty and staff will encourage each student to become a positive, contributing member of his/her family, school community, and country.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
- Meaningful Integration of Core Knowledge A demonstrated ability to apply the basic skills of reading, writing and arithmetic to the development of intellectual, artistic, and physical works.
- Effective communication and Interpretation A demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving A demonstrated ability to deal with complex academic and applied problems logically.
- Creative Expression and Artistic Appreciation A demonstrated ability to create an artistic output or performance.
- Local, National, and Global Awareness A demonstrated awareness, understanding, and appreciation of national and international issues and the role of a responsible citizen in our democratic government.
- Personal and Social Development A demonstrated ability to effectively manage real-life situations in day-to-day living and participate in community service.