CSF Application 2015-2016
CSF Applications are now available in the counseling office and are due Friday, March 4, 2016 to Ms. Nguyen. NO LATE APPLICATIONS!
- Get CSF applications from Ms. Nguyen’s office.
- Sign up for an unofficial transcript from Mrs. Miner in the counseling office on the clipboard and pick up your unofficial copy in the basket next to her desk at the end of the day.
- Complete the CSF application to see if you qualify with enough points (10 or more points total). PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. Please use your last semester grades.
- Go to ASB window and pay $10 contribution and get receipt.
- Attach receipt and unofficial transcript to CSF application and turn it into Ms. Nguyen by NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, March 4, 2016.
(late applications will not be accepted according to CSF by-laws!!!!!)
- You will be notified if you made CSF membership through a list that will be posted by end of April.
California Scholarship Federation (CSF) APPLICATIONS and MEMBERSHIP
Founded in 1921, the California Scholarship Federation is the oldest scholastic, scholarship institution in the state of California. CSF emphasizes high standards of scholarship, and community service for California high school students. CSF encourages service to the school and the community while fostering pride in academic achievement.
CSF Membership is based on scholarship and is gained after qualifying grades are earned each semester. In order to become a member, the student must submit an application with a transcript each semester the student is eligible. A point system specified in the CSF State By-Laws establishes the membership requirements. To secure eligibility for CSF membership, a student must earn sufficient points from pre-approved course lists. The majority of the required membership points must come from University of California accepted course work.
Life Membership (Sealbearer) is achieved by qualifying four or more semesters in the last three years of high school (not including Freshman year), and earns the CSF Gold Seal on diplomas and transcripts. One of the semesters must be from grades earned during the senior year.
If you qualify for CSF membership on the basis of your last year’s grades, fill out the application form and attach a copy of your transcript. You can get a copy of your transcript and a CSF application from the counseling secretary.
$10 membership contribution needs to be paid at the ASB window only. Attach the receipt of payment to the application and an unofficial transcript and turn them into the counseling office (Ms. Nguyen) within the first 4 weeks of each semester. No late applications can be accepted based on CSF by-laws.
Newport Harbor High School is a public institution that promises inclusion of all students who are members of the California Scholarship Federation Newport Harbor High School chapter and at no time will a student be dismissed from a program or penalized in any way due to a financial hardship. Please contact Ms. Grace Nguyen if you wish to make alternative financial arrangements.